Community Forum

New Service - Drop/Bury Request Failure

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

New Service - Drop/Bury Request Failure

I am ready to scream.  I've been trying to get internet set up at my new house for 3 weeks now and I'm getting the runaround from comcast.  I call multiple times each day only to be told that someone will call me back.  No one ever calls me back. 

I recently bought a house.  As I work from home, I need fast internet so I verified my new house address with Comcast prior to purchasing it.  Imagine my surprise when I go to place my order and I'm told that there is an issue. My address was listed in the system so it gave me the message that it was serviceable but no one had Comcast previously at that address.  I had 3 different discussions with Comcast over the last 3 weeks and they assured me that someone would be dispatched to my property to confirm that I could get service (ticket #036723966).  I was supposed to receive a call back to inform if I could get service or not.  I ended up calling twice a day every day to check on the status as I never received the call.  On 6/23, I called Comcast again and was informed that my house was serviceable. I immediately placed an order for service and scheduled installation for 6/25 between 3-5 pm.  

The technician shows up at 2.30pm and states that he can't do the installation.  There isn't a line run to the house and my house is set back from the property.  Apparently the 2 weeks that I was waiting on Comcast to verify the property were useless and someone didn't bother to actually do his/her job.  The technician informs me that someone else will be out that day to review the setup and provide me with a quote on getting service.  At 5pm, I call Comcast again as no one has showed up only to be told that they had to put in another ticket (ticket #036812648).  I was told that I would receive a phone call the next day (6/26) by 1.30pm.  At 3pm, I call Comcast againn only to be told that it hasn't been assigned yet and someone would call me by 8pm. 

Now it is Monday, 6/27 and I still haven't received a phone call!!!!! I called Comcast again this morning only to be put on hold for 10 mins and told that someone would need to call me back.  I'm not holding my breathe here. 

Is there anyway to get a response directly to the group that is sent out to review new service drop/bury requests?  There is utility poles running down my property to my house so it won't require extensive trenching.  

Admin1

Re: New Service - Drop/Bury Request Failure

Hi Sunsetkitten278 -- Apologies for the delays getting you an answer about running line. I have alerted your local area leadership team about this issue. They will work to dispatch someone to your location. They will contact you to setup a time to come get this done. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Is there a time frame for this call?  I'm very skeptical of actually receiving a call as I've been told multiple times each day that I will receive a call back. It never happens. I've called 5 times today alone and have been told 3 different times that someone would be calling me back.  All three times have passed. 

Admin1

When you're calling you're only reaching front line agents. Team I contacted is the actual one that can handle this. You'll receive a call within 24-48 hours. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (language filter circumvention). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Frequent Visitor

My post was removed because Comcast didn't want the public to know that they are scamming me and trying to charge me 20,000 dollars for a service that they initially promised that I could get
Expert

Your post was removed for violation of forum guidelines by masking profanity.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I'm still waiting for Comcast to address the $20,000 extortion payment.
Frequent Visitor

Sunsetkitten278 - did you finally get your drop/bury done? I am out in Plymouth, MN and have the exact same situation going on currently. Its going on 4 weeks not since I initially called and scheduled the first installation and now 2 techs later still dont have the drop/bury done and have not got a call back from the 3rd part that is supposed to complete it.

any info would be helpful. per your last update we are in a very similiar situation and because comcast basically has a monopoly in the area they are about the only provider that can get me what i need.

thanks

Frequent Visitor

Comcast finally got around to sending out a technician yesterday to survey my property.  In order to have service, they are trying to extort a $20,000 installation fee from me.  The entire situation is ridiculous since Comcast assured me that I could get service before I bought my house.  If Comcast had been upfront with me, I woudln't have bought this house or could have negotiated the cost of the installation with the seller as part of the purchase price.  Now I am in jeopardy of losing my job because Comcast has flat out lied to me multiple times over the last month. I hope your situation goes better.  I had to literally call Comcast daily to get updates (when you get to the voice prompt state "Drop/Bury" and you get forwarded to an agent that might know what you are talking about)

Admin1

Sunsetkitten278 -- I have spoken with our Tech Ops and Construction teams. In order to get service to your location, it would require a 1000+ foot plant extension. That kind of extension would cost $20,000 to build coax/fiber that far. It would also take one month to complete that kind of work. 

Frequent Visitor

Comcast has repeatedly lied to me. I bought this house because Comcast stated that I could get service. At no time during that process was I informed that I would be required to pay 20k for installation. Now that I've bought the house, Comcast says "Oops" and leaves me stuck with the bill.
Frequent Visitor

It is months later and now Comcast is blowing up my mailbox with promotions trying to get me to sign up. I "love" it. I guess comcast really wants that 20k payment. How about Comcast only send me mail when they can actually provide service to my address without an extortion fee???
Admin1

Sunsetkitten278 -- We can place you on our Do Not Mail list if you don't want to receive anymore mailings if you want. 

Frequent Visitor

It's pretty funny that my address still shows up as "available" in the comcast system for Internet.  #Extortion

Frequent Visitor

Drop/Bury Failure - Still Showing As Available

As my prior posting was closed without my permission nor a response from Comcast, I am reposting.  Please provide an explanation on WHY my address still shows as available?  

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/New-Service-Drop-Bury-Request-Failure/td-p/2766200

Admin1

Your address still shows as "available" because we can get service there. It would take that plant extension and cost that we discussed before. Since we would be able to provide service there, if that extension were done, then we can have your address listed as "available".