Community Forum

New Customer with a Bad Rate

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

New Customer with a Bad Rate

Wish I had googled and read this forum before I got my service. I might as well pile on in case someone researches better than I do.

As a new customer moving to a new area, I got a Double Play package of broadband and TV. I found I wasn't watching anything on the TV I couldn't watch through Sling, and I wasn't happy with my TV buffering on a regular basis. What is up with that eh? So as I had 30 days to cancel without penalty, I thought I could just change my plan to one of the Internet plans with a 1 year (rather than 2 year) contract under new customer pricing. Uhhhh no. I am paying double what I would have for internet. I also found out during the course of that conversation that they had me on the 100 mbs internet when my plan was actually for just 60 mbs. I had no idea they were giving me faster internet than they were supposed to. I assume this was to make me believe the broadband service was better than it really was to keep me in the plan long enough I would get stuck with a 2 year contract. 

I am not happy I am stuck with Xfinity as my only ISP option. After this I really don't want them to have my buisiness. However, I am happy I no longer have a contract so I can switch if any other option ever presents. However, I don't trust the customer service rep I spoke to really didn't stick me with a bad price AND a contract so I will be calling tomorrow to confirm with another rep. 

My advice to new users - Start very, very small. If Xfinity is your only internet provider in the area, just get internet. You can upgrade and perhaps still get a good deal but you can't downgrade your package, even within the first 30 days, without being charged what Xfinity calls the "retail" price for whatever you downgrade to. 

Oh and for existing users that can't get their bills negotiated down . . . Sling works awesome even on my slower net speed. My 60 mbs plan (which actually provides 25 mbs) is running it well with no lag. 

Official Employee

Re: New Customer with a Bad Rate

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!