Community Forum

New Account

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

New Account

Started my new account, paid $50 the same day I set it up online and then received the equipment in the mail a few days later. I installed it myself. My online bill then showed a professional installation fee of $60 and another $50 fee for a deposit. I called Comcast and told them that no one came out to install anything and that I had paid the $50 already. They credited back both charges and all seemed good. I noticed that my speeds seemed slow so I did a speed test and it was way under the appox 100 that it was supposed to be so I called and they reset and ran all their test and then transferred me to tech support and they reset and ran their tests…with no improvement so they ran a test that showed some kind of error in the line so they transferred me to the appt center to set up for someone to come out and help us. When I was on the phone setting up the appointment they said I had to approve the email I was being sent for them to send someone out. The email said I was to be charged for that and I stated that I wasn’t going to accept the charge and they were able to set up the appointment anyways. The guy came out and had no resolution to the issue. We ended up getting a new separate router that we paid for out of pocket to help our issue. That seemed to help. I kept getting text messages and emails about approving the $60 fee for having the guy come out….and I mean several a day. It was very annoying so I called comcast and they said that I would have to approve the email to get it to stop but that they would make sure it would not get charged on my account. So while she was on the phone with me I pulled it up and approved it so that it would stop sending it to me. A few days later I get my bill in the mail and low and behold it has the $60 fee along with the $50 fee on it again! So I called again, cause I got nothing better to do with me time than to call Comcast. They set me up with a reference number and said it would be reviewed within 24 hours. I check 2 days later and it was not credited yet so one more call to Comcast. This time they said that my reference was reviewed and that all charges were valid so no credit will be given. I explained my issue again and they weren't budging so I asked to be transferred to the cancellation dept. I was transferred and I explained my issue yet again and nothing from them either. My bill should be $60.99 a month and I just received a bill for $231.98 and my account says that my account is past due and that it needs to be paid or my services will get disrupted.  Glad I didn't sign up for automatic withdrawl.