Community Forum

Negotiated new contract, channel lineup doesn't match what was promised

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Negotiated new contract, channel lineup doesn't match what was promised

Hi, I called Comcast on December 27 to see what options I had for reducing my bill.  The phone representative I spoke to asked me what channels I liked, and I explained to him that I would like to keep the same level of service that I currently had.  He said I could keep "the same service" for a lower rate with a one year contract, and I agreed.  However, I noticed that I was missing some channels I had before, and upon re-reviewing the current contract and my old bills, I was switched from the Digital Preferred to the Digital Basic tier.  On the phone call, the representative was very clear in stating that it was the same service (he even mentioned that it was an X1 plan, but it would work with my existing HD DVR and nothing would change on my end).  I would like my level of service to be changed back to Digital Preferred as agreed to upon during the phone call.

Official Employee

Re: Negotiated new contract, channel lineup doesn't match what was promised

Hello mk85. I can assist with reviewing the service package you are currently on, and also the phone call for what you were told. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.