Community Forum

Neglected/low Hanging Cable Line Snapped from my house

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Neglected/low Hanging Cable Line Snapped from my house

The shared cable line that runs down my street is literally hanging by a rope due a damaged pole and an untrimmed tree. Unfortunately, I didn't discover this until a truck passed down my street and snagged a "retired" cable line from my house. The line was mounted to the house and caused damage to the house that I'm renting. The "active" line remains at risk, due to the line hanging from a previous repair job at the request of some my neighbors.

How do I get the line repaired and recover damages to the house?

IMG_20180807_080617.jpg
Admin1

Re: Neglected/low Hanging Cable Line Snapped from my house

Hi waldo5610 -- I can help with this line repair. Please send me a PM confirming your name as it appears on your account for authentication. I'll be able to work with tech ops to make these repairs.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Send A Message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Admin1

Re: Neglected/low Hanging Cable Line Snapped from my house

waldo5610 -- Thank you for working with our claims team. We have found that this line belongs to AT&T. We have made AT&T aware of this line. Please continue to work with AT&T to have this damaged resolved. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!