Community Forum

Need someone that will listen....

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Need someone that will listen....

We have been great, paying a lot per month customers for over five years.  We recently moved to an area that IS NOT serviced by Xfinity.  We went in before we moved to ask about our current contract.  We were told that we had been on the current contract for over a year and great customers that it would not be an issue to cancel the contract without a cancellation fee, especially because they CANNOT service us at the new home.  We then went in a second time to return our equipment.  We were told it will not be a problem to cancel the contract and no cancellation fee would be charged.  We trusted them both times.  We then got our bill and we were charged $330 for early termination.  We called the online number, since we don't live close to the Xfinity store we used to be by, they were rude and indicated that we had to pay the early termination.  "There was nothing written on your record".... We travelled an hour to go back to the store that promised we would not have to pay the early termination and their memory was very selective.  They said "there was someone that was let go for promising such things", but there were actually two different people at this store that said it would not be an issue.  They then indicated "out of the goodness of their heart they would credit us half".  I said that is not what you promised.  We would not be cancelling our service, but you CANNOT service our new location.  They said there was nothing else they could do.  WTH?  We have been great customers and would have stayed with the service.  We had not choice but to cancel.  We were promised not once, but twice that it would not be an issue and we would not be charged a cancellation fee. Then we get our bill.  I feel lied to and extremely frustrated.  I don't know where else to go. 

Expert

Re: Need someone that will listen....

@Guedo99 wrote:

We have been great, paying a lot per month customers for over five years.  We recently moved to an area that IS NOT serviced by Xfinity.  We went in before we moved to ask about our current contract.  We were told that we had been on the current contract for over a year and great customers that it would not be an issue to cancel the contract without a cancellation fee, especially because they CANNOT service us at the new home.  We then went in a second time to return our equipment.  We were told it will not be a problem to cancel the contract and no cancellation fee would be charged.  We trusted them both times.  We then got our bill and we were charged $330 for early termination.  We called the online number, since we don't live close to the Xfinity store we used to be by, they were rude and indicated that we had to pay the early termination.  "There was nothing written on your record".... We travelled an hour to go back to the store that promised we would not have to pay the early termination and their memory was very selective.  They said "there was someone that was let go for promising such things", but there were actually two different people at this store that said it would not be an issue.  They then indicated "out of the goodness of their heart they would credit us half".  I said that is not what you promised.  We would not be cancelling our service, but you CANNOT service our new location.  They said there was nothing else they could do.  WTH?  We have been great customers and would have stayed with the service.  We had not choice but to cancel.  We were promised not once, but twice that it would not be an issue and we would not be charged a cancellation fee. Then we get our bill.  I feel lied to and extremely frustrated.  I don't know where else to go. 

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Need someone that will listen....

Hi Guedo99, please review the information within the link that (Again) shared. Please feel free to reach back out to me here if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding your contract and early termination fees. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!