Community Forum

Need letter to show account paid for mortgage loan

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Need letter to show account paid for mortgage loan

Hello,all,

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I'm needing to obtain a letter, with Comcast's letterhead stating that my account has been paid in full in order to obtain a mortgage loan.  My account recently went to collections without us having any idea that this had happened until our mortgage lender pulled our credit report.  Of course this caused deep concern for my husband and I so we immediately paid the remaining balance which we had no idea we still owed.  We thought our account had already been paid off.  The remaining balance was paid on 04/20/2018 and since then we have been trying to obtain a letter from Comcast and have been unsuccessful.  Yesterday I called Xfinity Collections department to see if they could help and was told a ticket needed to be created for my request and that someone would contact me about my request later in the day.  However, I did not receive a call back so I called back to check the status of my ticket only to be told that I would receive a letter in 30 days and at that time I could have Comcast removed from our credit report.  The information I was given had nothing to do with my request at all so I asked to speak to a supervisor.  The supervisor did not answer the phone sonI left a message on their voicemail and asked if they would please call me back regarding my issue.  I did not get a call.  A letter in 30 days will not help us.  We are needing some sort of letter, correspondence, or perhaps an early bill showing Comcast's letter head and a balance of zero on our account.  This seems like a fairly easy task to complete and am hoping that someone can either email us the information or create a PDF document that I can forward to our mortgage lenders because we are ready to close our mortgage loan and this is the only thing holding us up.  Again, this being on our credit report came as a total surprise so you can imagine our dilemma and frustration.  If anyone can help or further advise or assist us getting this matter resolved, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you and please help :-)

Official Employee

Re: Need letter to show account paid for mortgage loan

Hi, lorilawdog1 - Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience but we don't provide any type of the official letter stating that your outstanding balance has been paid in full. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!