Community Forum

Need help connecting to Comcast overhead cable infrastructure via underground line

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Need help connecting to Comcast overhead cable infrastructure via underground line

I'm building a new residential house in Arlington, VA and I would like to connect to the overhead Comcast cable lines with an underground connection (as opposed to having an overhead line running to my house).

The address is < Personal Information >.

Is there someone at Comcast that I can put my builder in touch with to make the necessary arrangements?  I'm guessing an underground conduit will need to be installed.

I do not wish to start cable service at this time, as the house will not be completed for another few months.  I just want to make arrangements for the physical hook-up to the house.

Admin1

Re: Need help connecting to Comcast overhead cable infrastructure via underground line

Hi EricWang -- I can help with that Aerial to Underground conversion. I've sent this over to local tech ops to review. We cannot promise that we'll be able to do this conversion however we will evaluate if it can be done. I'll keep you updated with any information received about this. 

Admin1

Re: Need help connecting to Comcast overhead cable infrastructure via underground line

EricWang -- I heard back from local tech ops. They would be able to complete this conversion however there would be a cost involved that you would be responsible for paying. Is this something you would like to move forward with? 

New Poster

Yes, I would be willing to pay for this and would like to move forward.  Please provide me with the contact information for the Comcast local tech ops.  Thanks.

Official Employee

Hello Eric, are your power lines currently ran underground? - Matt 

New Poster

Hello Matt,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this.  My power lines are not currently run underground.  Trenching will need to be done and a concrete conduit will need to be created for the power and cable lines.  My contractor will be responsible for the trenching/conduit work within my property lines, but I will need the power company and Comcast to assist with the portion outside of my property lines.  

I just need to figure out whom to put my contractor in contact with to coordinate this.