Community Forum

Name Change Transfer Agreement

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Name Change Transfer Agreement

My husband, an account holder since 1973 died May 25, 2018. I went to the Comcast Center on Concord Pike in Wilmington DE. I presented the Certificate of Death to the representative.  A Name Change Transfer Agreement was filled out to change the name on the account to me. This was completed 12/4/17. The name on the Change Completed By was written as M~~~H~~~ and Operator ID was written as D5(or S)J.

The current two year contract for our services runs out January 27, 2018. I wanted to find out how to renew the contract and contacted Comcast today. The Customer Representative told me the account showed a name change request but it had not been executed and I could make no changes to the account. She told me to go back to the Comcast Center and start over, even though I have the signed Name Change Transfer Agreement in hand. I was told to stay at the Comcast Center until the name change was made. I don't think this will work as the people at the Center don't have such authority.

Can anyone suggest what I can do?

Official Employee

Re: Name Change Transfer Agreement

Hello g1bs0n. I can assist with reviewing the account and account holder notations. After a review of the account, I can give you accurate advice on how to proceed. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!