Community Forum

My upstairs neighbor wants to cancel my service. Can he?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

My upstairs neighbor wants to cancel my service. Can he?

I live in a house basement with a neighbor upstairs who used to have xfinity services. He, for whatever reason decided to cancel his services and I waited a few weeks to see if he would reconnect his internet service. He did not so I decided to get my own xfinity internet 1 year contract starting November 2017. My upstairs neighbor is now telling me that he wants to get internet service once again and told me to cancel my own service. I do not want to lose my service nor do I want to share my internet with him. He also gave no regards to the Early Termination Fees I would have to pay if I were to cancel my contract. He said he would call xfinity and have my service shut down. I have been paying my bills on time and I hope my contract or someone from xfinity can help me keep my service. I'm not sure if he can legally do this. We are both renters of the house.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: My upstairs neighbor wants to cancel my service. Can he?

If he is a renter, and not the home owner, he cannot cancel your service.

Official Employee

Hello Jmejia4360, only the account holder can cancel services for any account. If your neighbor is the account holder then yes he can cancel your services, if your services are provided by the owner of your home then he will not be able to cancel services for you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am the account holder. I guess he was just trying to intimidate me.
Official Employee

You're welcome, as long as you're the account holder you're fine. Have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!