Community Forum

My credit card number changed due to a hack? If I see

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

My credit card number changed due to a hack? If I see

New credit card account number assigned due to a hack.  I entered new data and cannot figure out how to verify if I entered it correctly.  Did Comcast already verify it as a valid credit card account?  Will I be notified immediately if auto-pay fails?

Expert

Re: My credit card number changed due to a hack? If I see

nstaehling wrote:

New credit card account number assigned due to a hack.  I entered new data and cannot figure out how to verify if I entered it correctly.  Did Comcast already verify it as a valid credit card account?  Will I be notified immediately if auto-pay fails?

hi, I moved your post to the billing area of the forum.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi, nstaehling - You can remove and re-add the credit card information if you are not sure all the information is correct. Did you save the credit card information as a payment method? 

Contributor

I knew I could re-enter the payment data but with my vision issues and hunt and peck typing I could still enter it wrong.  Some of my other creditors send a small charge to verify the account.  I'll keep watch to see if my Comcast payment is processed properly.  

Official Employee

Hi nstaehling, 

Were you able to confirm if your payment processed or not? If you still need assistance, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.