Community Forum

My Account app give unreliable times to fix service problems

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

My Account app give unreliable times to fix service problems

My service is out following the recent storm. I understand it’s out in a lot of places, and I’m sure the Comcast technicians are working as fast as they can to restore it. It was a bad storm - I get that.

My concern is the My Account app, which claims to give an estimated time to service restoration. Yesterday, it said 3 hours, then 2, then 1, then 30 min, then 15 min, and then it went to “as soon as possible.” After a few hours of that, it went back to saying 3 hours, then 2, etc. That happened 3 times. This morning, it’s back to 3 hours again.

I have work to do online, and with zero faith in the the current estimate, I have no way to know whether to stick it out and wait at home or go someplace else. I called a support line, and got two different estimates from the same person.

Why does the app give an estimated time to service restoration when it’s so clearly wrong?!? I’d much rather you published a map of storm outages and said, “We don’t know when we’ll get to you.” At least that way, you wouldn’t be making false promises!

Is there no way to get an accurate estimate? If not, the app and the support people should stop lying to me!
New Poster

Re: My Account app give unreliable times to fix service problems

Update. I mentioned that the same person o the support line gave me two different estimates. Both have passed (by over 10 hours), and still no service.

Being a glutton for punishment, I called the support line again. This time, they told me that my service will be restored by midnight. His exact words, "I guarantee it." I guess we'll see how good his guarantee is....

New Poster

Still have cable and able to use x1, but no WiFi or internet. Every time I call the time changes
New Poster

Beyond frustrating, I know!

To close out my story, they support guy’s “I guarantee your service will be restored by midnight” was another lie. Service was finally restored by early afternoon.

I have nothing but respect for the power company and cable people who were working around the clock in cold weather. My issue is with the corporate people who think it’s better for their apps and support agents to lie rather than say they don’t know when service will be back. I don’t understand that mentality.