Community Forum

Moved and trying to get comcast (Such a struggle)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Moved and trying to get comcast (Such a struggle)

Hello,

I am trying to get comcast at my new residence, which is an old farm house that sits about 700ft off the main road.  Before my family had moved, I had called comcast and was told that we were setup to receive cable here at the new address and had a technician appointment setup and ready to go.  I was told by the landlord that the house has never had cable before, and everyone always used DirecTv and CenturyLink for internet/phone. 

Anway, I made it very clear to comcast weeks before moving and requested them send out a survey team to check it out.  I never heard anything back from comcast, except for the fact that it was still waiting to be completed to be able to tell me if we had lines being ran or not.  So, as usual from comcast, I received about 5-6 different conclusions and some nonconclusive.  Meanwhile, no one that I had talked to actually told me that there was no hookup. They just wanted to keep insisting on sending out a tech to hook it up.  

I finally decided to call and at this point, I was extremely frustrated that no one in their right mind had no idea what was actually going on and everyone I had talked to before (while being nice and calm) sounded like I was not worth their time.   ANYWAY, the day of the appointment that I had scheduled for the tech to come out, I had checked and it was scheduled for the wrong day when I specifically said the correct day, but was scheduled wrong on their end.  So I called and wanted to talk to a manager, and whoever else to get an actual consistant answer.  So I got someone in the surveying/construction department where I finally got an answer of "You need lines ran". So, I asked how much and they stated the survery said I would need about 3-4 Poles, and some other electrical supplies and what not to run the line, costing roughly $8000, and they could front about $400 on their end.  I was furious as I was trying to get THEIR service, and help THEM out by having a line ran to the house that would benefit their company in the future years to come.

So anyway, this was months ago (roughly November).  Now today, we unfortunately have Directv(does not really meet our needs), and CenturyLink (6mbps) which is also not meeting our needs, but is the only thing we can get.  Now, we have phone lines/power coming across a field from another main road, my question is:

Can comcast run their cable on these poles? Instead of wanting to dish out tons of money for their benefit and not mine?  I am horrified to even try to attempt to contact customer support again to ask, or have surveying come back out to not do their job for weeks.  I feel like they surveying never noticed these incoming lines, and just wanted to charge me money to run roughly the same length of line but with added/extra cost.

Thanks for any input/help given,

Raymond Noll

Expert

Re: Moved and trying to get comcast (Such a struggle)

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Moved and trying to get comcast (Such a struggle)

Hello Rayy266. I can assist with submitting a serviceability survey request for you so we can evaluate if we would be able to offer service to your home. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, home address, and contact phone number.