Community Forum

Modem trouble gone wrong

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Modem trouble gone wrong

So yesterday I go and decide to see about upgrading my service for my internet. Upgrade to the Gig speed internet and I was told the modem I had would handle it. Modem reboots and surprise surprise it doesn't work. My speeds go from the original plan which was 300mpbs to about 75mbps. Now I contact customer service today via chat and they say I need a different modem and to go to the xfinity store to pick up  the modem as they cannot send it to me. So I drive for 20 minutes to the nearest store and wouldn't you know it they don't carry the modem in stores. So I call customer service and they tell me to go to another store 40 minutes away. So I drive there after being told by customer service that this store does indeed carry the modem I need. I get to this store and guess what no modem. So they give me a modem in store that they say is supposed to work. Get home and the same 75mbps as before. What do i have to do to get a fix to this problem? I am currently paying for a service I can't even properly utilize and every represetative of comcast seems completely ignorant to how their own products function. And to top it all off I've had to speed a lot of time and now even money in the form of gas driving to and fro to pick up an item that you promote but don't even carry in your stores. I may need to go elsewhere for my service. Comcast you may be the fastest but your customer at right at the bottom

Contributor

Re: Modem trouble gone wrong

I would try putting in a hardwired wirelessTP link router! You can hook up to your Comcast Modem and have 1.Speed 2.wifi or hardwired!