Community Forum

Modem replacement process

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Modem replacement process

I recently recreived a new modem/router from Comcast with the warning thay my old one would soon cease to work. So I changed it and returned the old one. This morning, I woke up to no phone or internet service. Apparently, it was a modem registration issue that wasn't intially apparent and that was known to the service representative (who I reached only after going through the insanely long menu on my mobile phone); it happens often. So why doesn't Comcast design a process where it doesn't happen or at least provide a warning and a special telephone number with the new modem package? And what if I hadn't had a mobile phone? How would I have reached them. Nothing on the cable menus about it. (I had to remove an expletive from that description or Xfinity wouldn't post it.)

This is really bad process design and reflects a contempt for the customer. If Comcast's modem will fail, they should send someone out to replace it and handle all the associated connection issues. Makes one long for Ma Bell. Guys, you are running a utility. It's hard to believe that your going into yet additional lines of business is not going to degrade service even further.

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Modem replacement process

Concern / complaint moved here from home networking for greater exposure / escalation to actual Comcast employees.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: Modem replacement process

Hello Julian_W,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the modem process. I have forwarded this information to the appropriate department. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach  out to us. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!