Community Forum

Modem Upgrade

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Modem Upgrade

Last Tuesday, when I first got an email notifying me that I was to get an upgraded modem package, I thought it could be spam. So, I called Xfinity Customer Service to ask them what they knew about it. Nothing. The young man finally referred me to Xfinity Security, where I sat on hold for 10 minutes. the woman who finally answered, after taking all of my account information again, didn't know anything, either. I asked her for an email address to forward the email to but, instead, she referred me to another Xfinity website, where I dug and dug until I finally found an "abuse@..." email address.

Today, I got a letter in the mail, basically telling me the same thing. So, now I know that it's a real thing. I also got an email telling me that the modem is on its way, with a tracking number.

So, Xfinity, how come the people who deal directly with your customers didn't know about the upgrades that obviously involve a big capital expenditure? Kinda reminds me of an old addage from my FORTRAN days: "Never let the programmer write the User Manual."

Expert

Re: Modem Upgrade

It's a pretty common thing for Comcast to send upgrade notices. Guess the rep needs some new training ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Hit us up if you have issues getting the new modem working. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Regular Visitor

Re: Modem Upgrade

If this is replacing an owned modem, they will be adding a $10/month charge to your bill.  I responded to the same email and they didn't tell me about the charge until a rep called me to tell me the new modem was on the way. I called and managed to get the shipment stopped. I am not interested in renting a modem. The email said the modem was "on us." "On us" does not mean free.