Community Forum

Missing verbal contract

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Missing verbal contract

Just got off the phone with customer service over a 2-year contract issue. I remember well my initial discussion and commitment to a 2-year contract that was going to lower my monthly bill. I am being billed $50 per month over my what I agreed to. When I asked the rep to help me address the issue she told me that I am in a contract and gave me no support beyond offering to email me a copy of the contract. The contract is not what I verbally signed up for. I am absolutly sure of that. Even if you look at this from a common snece perspective, I would not commit to a 2 year contract to pay more for the same service I was getting. My agreement was for a lower bill. I am seeing many complaints online about service reps lying about pricing, but as the customer, I should not be helpd responsible. 

I have always loved the service and we're long-time customers, but I am now ready to cancel just based on principle. I should not be treated this way and can't believe it's possible to hold me to a contract I did not agree to. Isn't this illegal? I thought it was a mistake but Comcast has been unwilling to help which leads me to believe this is standard practice.

Anyone else out there have advise on these verbal contract issues?

Official Employee

Re: Missing verbal contract

Hello Cvenner. We apologize for any lack of communication regarding your service package. We certainly value your business and don't want to see you go. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can help you. 

Frequent Visitor

I found some instances of this in the forum but doesn't seem like anyone has figured out how to deal with it.

I have an apointment with my laywer this weekend (for other matters) and will ask him if he can help.

Wish me luck!

Frequent Visitor

Hi Joee, I emailed the details to you yesterday. Hoping you can get back to me soon, Thanks

Official Employee

Hi Cvenner. Thank you for sending over your information via private message. I have responded to your PM. Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

I haven't heard anything from Comcast since 2/27. Can someone please help?

Frequent Visitor

Still no response from  or anyone else at Xfinity. Based on this bac experience, I am determined to quite you guys as soon as I move.