Community Forum

Misleading existing customers Re: promotions

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Misleading existing customers Re: promotions

I called Comcast in April asking to downgrade my service. Instead, the woman gave me a few dollars off my existing bundle and said to check back in July. So, I called today, and got totally different information. Now you tell me I can’t lower my price without sacrificing the internet service I have, and you can’t change my price to what I was to,d in April because I just changed it! I was mislead. I was to,d that I could choose the Select plan for $152.99 and keep my Blast internet. Now I got a completely different story. I’m about ready to just cancel everything and move to a different provider. I’m calling a manager tomorrow. It’s really unethical to LIE to customers.
Official Employee

Re: Misleading existing customers Re: promotions

Hello rmlerario, I am more than happy to help you downgrade your services so that you only pay for what you need. For further assistance, please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

New Poster

i too was misled started a new contract last month and this month there is a new charge i was not told about when i agreed to the contract last month. they are saying this is a new charge for new contracts well why was it not in the contract last month when i agreed to it. now if i cancel there is a early termination fee of $230.00, i have been a comcast customer since 1997! 21 years! i am looking at other options every month the price is going up even when you agree to a new contract the very next month the price goes up ridiculous!
Contributor

No need to contact me. I filed a formal complaint with the better Businnes Bureau and have since received a phone call from your Executive Offices. She was able to downgrade my service without sacrificing the Blast Internet service. BUT I have yet to see the prorated credit in my account. So far, the only thing that’s been prorated are the new charges.