Community Forum

Misinformed, now what with the bill?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Misinformed, now what with the bill?

I had signed up for a phone service with the intention of making international calls to Nigeria. I was told I could make unlimited calls using data, thought I got a good deal until I was hit with a bill of $637. We dragged this back and forth but they insisted I had to pay cos they were valid calls...no problem. I started paying down then decided to cut off the service since it wasn't a good deal after all. I took it that I misunderstood the plan.
I'd called in to cut off the service when I was told about another option, 300 carefree minutes to make calls worldwide ( Nigeria inclusive ) for an additional $9+ bringing my total monthly payment to $109+. I remember asking over and over again so I didn't make a mistake like I did the first time and was assured I could make calls to Nigeria and won't have to pay extras as long as I didn't exceed 300 mins allotted.
2 months in and my bills remain huge...$400+ and $300+. I didnt stop asking but different agents had different explanations. Just 2 days ago when i didnt rest with the calls, I was told the carefree minutes didn't cover calls to Nigeria and I was getting billed. No way ! I'm sure I didn't misunderstand this time, I was misinformed and after all the calls to have this issue looked into I get an offer of $100 credit as against $1200+ in total or $600+ from the point where I was misinformed.
I'm frustrated and upset, will not settle for this cos I have been misinformed and maltreated. I must say, even when told a ticket had been raised and to expect a call from a supervisor, the call never came. Got to know later that some agent put in a derogatory remark and the supervisor dismissed the case.
Bottom line, I never stopped calling for clarifications about my bill and phone plan and for two months out of negligence, nobody told me the carefree minutes didn't count towards my international calls to Nigeria and now want me to pay for misinformation and negligence.
I Say no to that !
Official Employee

Re: Misinformed, now what with the bill?

Hi Ebony_1, thank you for reaching out and I can help review this for you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Official Employee

Re: Misinformed, now what with the bill?

Hi Ebony_1, thank you for reaching out and glad I was able to assist. Please reach out here on our forums if you have any questions/concerns in the future.

Thank you