Community Forum

Merge two accounts. Getting the runaround on phone support

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Merge two accounts. Getting the runaround on phone support

I recently swapped over my sons phone number on 1/5/18. All ok as we purchased a phone through Comcast store. I could log in and see phone on xfinity app and website. Yesterday I go in to Santa Maria, CA xfinity store with wife to swap her iPhone 7 from Verizon to xfinity. They verify account info then proceed to have many issues getting it swapped over. Finally after many hours the manager comes out and says it needs a new email address to send the receipts. I said this will not create a second account right and he confirms it will not. The order goes through and guess what happened??  Not only did it create a new account but it pushed my sons phone off the main account. Now when I log in I can’t see my sons phone only my wife’s. The store can’t help they give me a  customer service phone number which doesn’t work. So I call another number and I am on hold for several hours while he tries to attempt a merge which is called a guid. He says his computer is lagging and he has to reboot so he transfers me to another employee who gives me a ticket number and says level two has to deal with it. I have to call today and there is no reference to my ticket number whatsoever so I go through the process again with a new ticket number now I have to wait for someone to call and help. What is going to be my final solution to cancel both accounts and bring them both in again just so they can be one. I do not like having to log into multiple accounts to manage my phone numbers especially when I have kids that I need to easily monitor their usage.  Right now I cannot even see my sons phone number anywhere.  I am not happy and I have been a long-time customer to be resolved. 

Official Employee

Re: Merge two accounts. Getting the runaround on phone support

Hi Seventhorn, apologies for your experiences, if still needing assistance I can review your ticket with you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Regular Visitor

After several days still no resolution.
Official Employee

Hi Seventhorn, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi Seventhorn, thank you for reaching out. I am showing you are working with our twitter team on this issue.  Please reach out there for any updates.

Thank you