Community Forum

Match AT&T Rates

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Match AT&T Rates

So,

AT&T Gigapower is available in my neighborhood now and for $120.00/month they are offering Gigabit with no caps bundled with DirecTV in up to 3 rooms.  I did a chat session with customer service yesterday so they knocked off $20.00 which gets me down to like $155.00 for Blast, Cable TV and Home security.  What can Comcast do to get me better than just $20.00 a month? 

Anyone able to get any decent discounts in this situation?  Blast is 75 Mb so Gigapower should be much faster.  Comcast has upped to Cap to 1TB but I really don't want any Cap which AT&T provides.  As Far as DirecTV compared to Comcast....I used to have DirecTV and had no problem with it.  I canceled and switched to Comcast which after a year my rates were just as hight as they were when I had Comcast Internet and DirecTV.

So...maybe it is time to cancel and make the switch....

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Match AT&T Rates

The fact that you also have home security makes the comparison unfair.  Sounds about even right now.

Official Employee

Hi mwkirk, I do apologize but I do not have any other offers that will lower your bill  for your level of services than what was already given to you by the phone representative.

Thank you

New Poster

Fast forward to 2018 AT&T charges $80 for 1 gigabit while Comcast trying to charge $139.95. Why is there a 75% price increase?

Official Employee

Hello SilviAllDay. While we do not match any other providers rate, I can assist in reviewing your account for any available promotional discounts that can make the upgrade less expensive. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Frequent Visitor

ComcastJoeTru,

Can you also do the same for me? I am trying to work something out with Comcast so I don't have to cancel. I really need to lower my bill and I am willing to lose some channels. Can you please help me?

Official Employee

Hi mandyem81. I have received your private message, and I have responded to assist you as well. Let's take if from there.