Community Forum

Lying about Charges

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Lying about Charges

I dont understand how xfinity is a multi-billion dollar company buf there is so much dishonesty and decpetion. I have been using the hotspot for months because I could not figure how to install it myself. I didnt have time too even though I was orginally told the first call to setup your internet was free. Then I called to setup an appointment asked specifically if I would be charged. Was told I would be notified by the technician before any charges would be incurred. The customer service representative sounded nervous about it so I clarified two more times. Because I was prompted to accept the terms for payment. The technician shows up. He checks things out asks me if I want the internet in my bedroom or living room. He knows what the problem is at this point I ask him if there will be charges for this. I have never heard so much diversion and bs in my life. "Well im just a technician, we are not trained in the billing process, I dont really know if people get billed. What did the rep tell you?" I told him exactly what she said then he lied to my face knowing I was going to be charged $60 just for him to connect two wires in the living. He was there for a total of 10 min and inside my house for 7 min. That kind of customer service is unnacceptable this seems like common practice for xfinity for a long time now. I dont care how nice your representatives are if you teach them to lie to customers so they can be up-charged. I am so done with cable companies. I need to research alternative internet providers. If anyone has an alternative to xifinity comacast please post!