Community Forum

Lowering my monthly bill

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Lowering my monthly bill

I am trying to see how much money I can save by cancelling the home phone and and lowering my tv package to basic. When i called in on the phone I get the run around, I stumbled upon this forum and seems like it would be a good way to go. Any help would be appreciated.

Zip code is 71203.

Problem Solver

Re: Lowering my monthly bill

Hello saintsfan1966,

I have sent you a private message regarding your concerns.

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Dear Comcast, do your "private messages" result in lowering monthly bills - for anyone, ever???

Hey Saintsfan 1966 and Comcast:

I saw your post, I am also new to this forum but not new to Comcast's exorbitant fees.  I'm trying to find out if anyone who inquires about getting their bill reduced, actually is successful.  I've noticed that Comcast's standard reply is they will send you a private message to try and resolve your concerns.  They are a monopoly where we live (Chicago area) but I keep pushing because like many other people, I hear about new customers (or not always new)!  being offered the same plan I've been paying $225+ for, for less than $100.  It's not right, and I too am considering dumping cable altogether.  We can stream movies and TV on our phones, and my husband can watch SEC football in a sports bar right across the street.  Where they can afford this kind of *service*. 

MY zipcode is *60201*, county of Cook.  Hope that's not disclosing too much "personal" information for you, Comcast oh Home of XFINITY!

saintsfan1966 wrote:

I am trying to see how much money I can save by cancelling the home phone and and lowering my tv package to basic. When i called in on the phone I get the run around, I stumbled upon this forum and seems like it would be a good way to go. Any help would be appreciated.

Zip code is 71203.

Regular Visitor

Re: Dear Comcast, do your "private messages" result in lowering monthly bills - for anyone

Any luck I could get a private message? I was told to pm a particular rep, but I learned the pm feature is disabled for new forum members. Thanks.