Community Forum

Lowering my Bill

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Lowering my Bill

My most recent bill that came the other day went up nearly $30.  It was already $200 and way more than I feel like I should be paying.  I'm paying for channels/services that I don't even care about because the last time I called the agent assured me that the was no option other than to have them.  I would like help finding something less expensive.  It's really not worth the price.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Lowering my Bill

Also,every time I log into my account and try to manage my plan I get an error page that says I need to call.  I don't know why I'm unable to see other options online.  I've been a customer for well over 10 years and it's so frustrating trying to get somebody to help.  I'm so tired of having to play the lower my rate game every year.  Calling is pretty much pointless.  I never seem to get anybody who is actually helpful.  All they want to do is sell me more services to go with all the ones I already over pay for and don't use.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Lowering my Bill

https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/

Chat with an agent, or preferably call them, and when you do call them, have the automated attendant connect you to the customer complaints/service termination department. You might have to fool around with the phone menu options till you get it.

It's extremely frustrating that you need to basically haggle with Comcast to not get cracked open after your contract ends (and even then, you might be getting splayed before your contract is supposed to end).

So be sure to research any promotions/new customer deals they're making so you know what you're dealing with. Obviously, also know what services you're paying for. 

Good luck. This is a common and bizarre American ritual.