Community Forum

Lower price for existing customer?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Lower price for existing customer?

I have had Xfinity for a while now and the price keeps going up. I have a "bundle deal" which includes cable, internet, and phone. I get 30 Mbps download speed, about 140 channels, and unlimited calling for about $200 a month ($150 before fees/tax). I looked on the Xfinity website for deals at my address and there are a lot of way better deals for new customers. For example, up to 105 Mbps download speed, 140 channels, and unlimited calling for $90 a month. Or closer to my current price is 250 Mbps,  230+ channels, and unlimited calling for $140 a month. All of these deals, including my current one, are without a 24 month agreement. 

I did a live chat with someone and they said they could get me 230+ channles for about $2 more per month. That was pretty much the only deal he could give me but the whole point was to lower my monthly payment, not increase it. I considered maybe just getting cable from a different company but he gave an estimate of $130 (before fees/taxes) for just internet and phone. So if I want to lower my monthly price I would probably have to switch phone, cable, and internet. 

I was just wondering if there is any way for me to get any kind of better deal.. it amazes me that I am paying almost double what a new customer would pay for the same service. You would think that customers would be rewarded for being loyal but my only "reward" so far has been a higher monthly bill