Community Forum

Lousy service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Lousy service

To begin with, a month ago, I upgraded my service. I did this through the local office. They did not set me up with the new equipment or install to complete my upgrade. About a week and a half ago, I got an email stating that I needed to upgrade my equipment to take full advantage of the upgrade. I followed the link, and selected self install option. After a week had passed, I hadnt seen or heard any more about my equipment so I went online. It was then and only then that I found out I have an appointment scheduled for 12/19. Nobody told me anything about this, and had I not gone on to your website, I would have probably missed the appointment. 

I then contacted customer support through chat, spent over an hour online with the chat without getting anything answered or solved. Today, I drove across town to the office to get this taken care of. When I drove up the parking lot was full, and the lobby had what looked like half of Springfield sitting in it. You obviously dont have enough people on hand to handle the load. I am sure this is a difficult thing to manage, but I am also sure that there are days that  would warrant more people. At any rate, I came home, tried to track down a phone number on your web site, which is another adventure in and of itself. Ten minutes later, I was on the phone trying to get to a rep. Your recorded answering service offered no option to speak to a rep until about 2-3 minutes later, and me screaming into the phone every time the recording tried to ask me a irrelivant question.

Now to the real reason for my message here. I finally got to speak to a rep, and she was a very nice lady. She drew the short straw and got stuck with me, a very disgruntled customer. She did her very best to answer my questions, and everytime she tried, I offered up yet another round of garbage aimed not at her, but at COMCAST. The bottom line is this. My anger was not with the rep. She did an outstanding job of trying to calm me down, but I would not have it. She deserves a gold star for her effort and her ability to maintain a calm and in control demeanor during our call. That does not in any way take Comcast off of the hook. You are still one of the poorest customer service related companies that I have ever dealt with. Worse than AT&T, and that is REALLY bad. If my apogy could be passed on to her without me posting all of my information here on this public forum, I would appreciate it. 

I have an appointment between 10 and 12 tomorrow the 19th. As I told her, I have a lot of running to do this week, and to her that they need to call before they come out. She assured me that they would. My past experiences with your field techs has been good. Tomorrow's visit will generate another post here, good or bad.

Official Employee

Re: Lousy service

Hello bobfromm. We welcome and appreciate your feedback. I will gladly pass this along. We apologize for any shortcoming of service you have experienced. 

Can you please confirm if the appointment scheduled, has been completed, and if your service is performing as it should? I can help if you still need assistance with your account. If so, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

Yes, the appointment was met, and the tech was great. His name was Conner. However, it turns out that an appointment was necessary, and if the self install kit had been sent to me, I could have done it myself, without waiting for a tech. The one problem with the visit was that the rep on the phone told me the tech would call before coming and he just showed up, right at 10:00, but I told her that I didnt know if I would be home or not, and that a call would be in order to make sure. The tech informed me that they do not call before arriving. The other problem with all of this is that when I upgraded, the rep at the office could have given me, or made an appointment with me when I did the upgrade, saving all of this. That person had somebody sitting with him, and they didnt correct the situation either. You have a lot to learn about customer service. And again, the web site, other than checking your bill is useless. Trying to find out how to contact you is difficult at best, you get led around in circles. The chat is nothing more than chatting with somebody that has a script in front of them. They do not listen to you, and the fact that they are offshore, makes it more difficult for them, even if they wanted to understand. When my 2 year contract is up on this upgrade, I highly doubt that I will stay. I dont know what I will do then, but there will be changes made.

Official Employee

Hello bobfromm. We're sorry you feel that way. I will pass along your feedback. We apologize you were told you'd get a precall, and it turns out this area does not do that. You're right, we should have been able to get this right for you from the first interaction. 

We certainly value your business and hope you'll remain our customer. 

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.