Community Forum

Lied to about pricing when ordering a service.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Lied to about pricing when ordering a service.

I ordered a package plan and told the person helping I wanted unlimited internet data. She said ok then quoted me a price. I asked her 3 times if that Inculded the unlimited data. (I know it costs more) she told me yes 3 times. I’m not going over my data usage and am getting txt messages telling me I am. So I called customer service and asked what’s up. I was told that I do not have unlimited data and that my usage was only $20 in extra fees but if I wanted to upgrade to unlimited t would be $50.
I explained to the person helping me what happened and she said I put a note in and the original person who quoted me the price will be “coached”. And its all good because I can go over twice and it’s free.
Are you kidding me, so it’s totally acceptable to lie to a customer to get a sale?!?!? Then even though I was lied to I can kick rocks and pay the extra fees or the $50 a month?? Great business practice.