Community Forum

Letter of complaint

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Letter of complaint

I would also like to send a letter of complaint about Comcast service and Customer Service.  I am very disappointed and very regretful that I even changed to Comcast.

I got my service installed in September 2017 and since then it has been a nightmare!

I have made 13 calls to Comcast since September.  My first issue was with the installers they were rude, left the phone jack in my child’s room hanging by a thread not even enclosed and attached to the wall. They were not respectful of my home at all!

I then was experiencing problems with the WIFI connecting to my devices in the house.  Let me just say I have a 1100 sq. ft. home it’s not very big to have this issue, especially when Xfinity is supposed to be the best.  After going through the whole process again on the phone for over an hour they told me that will send out a new Main DVR box.

I received the box set it up and that didn’t work, so again I get on the phone another 1hr, 11/2 wasted of my time.  They tell me they are going to send out a tech, so not have I wasted time on the phone I now have to sit and wait for the tech to arrive and for the time it will take for him to fix the issue. Let me also say during this phone called I asked to cancel my service because it has been such an issue and they assured me to just let the tech come out and try to resolve the issue so I agreed.  I would have been within the 30-day window to cancel at this time this was in Oct.

In November, our TV’s would random freeze and we would have to reset the entire system, so I called again wasted more of MY time on the phone just for the to schedule a tech to come out AGAIN where I had to take off work and wait. 

Now in January I called because my wireless boxes will not change to other channels.

So, by this point I am so done with Comcast.  So, I called to explain the issue and ask them to cancel my service because I do not have the time or money to sit and wait for a tech to come out to my home once again. I told her I should not be reasonable for the cancellation fee since I have had nothing but issues just the beginning, it would only be fair.  She tells me that she is not able to do that. I said I am sure there is someone in the retention dept. like a manager that could do that, and she said no, and all the managers are in a meeting (of course they are). So then see says she can sent out a tech and refund the service call fee of $60…wait! When I signed up I was told if I have the protection plan I would not be responsible for service calls.  She tells me that is incorrect information. I then say why do I need to pay for a service call when I pay my monthly bill and I am not getting the service I am paying for any way? How is that fair??

Then I ask her how is Comcast going to compensate me for all these issues I have been having and she tells me “all I can do is credit the tech fee”. I shouldn’t be getting changed the tech fee anyway! She then tells me that I signed a contract and I told her yes and in return I am to be getting the BEST service from Comcast! Which I am not!

I also want to mention about how the tech that came out to bury the wire in my backyard completely tore it up and the grass is completely dead.  I am beyond frustrated and do not want to deal with Comcast anymore.  Not only is their service terrible their Customer service is right behind!

I am done wasting my time and money on Comcast!

Please let me know how I can move forward with this issue.

Official Employee

Re: Letter of complaint

Hi atredup, 

Sorry for your experience while trying to get this taken care of. I would like to review your account to see if I can make this right. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!