Community Forum

Large jump in monthly fees, looking at FIOS

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Large jump in monthly fees, looking at FIOS

After being a customer for many years, after the latest large increase in our tv/internet bill I've been looking around for a better deal. And I found one with FIOS. The month fees are MUCH lower! I was going to call and talk to a rep, but I've done that every year when this happens, and nothing much happens. Slightly better deal, or nothing except "I can help you cancel your service today." So before I ditch comcast I wanted to see what you can do. Can you help?

Regular Visitor

Re: Large jump in monthly fees, looking at FIOS

@hammarlund wrote:

After being a customer for many years, after the latest large increase in our tv/internet bill I've been looking around for a better deal. And I found one with FIOS. The month fees are MUCH lower! I was going to call and talk to a rep, but I've done that every year when this happens, and nothing much happens. Slightly better deal, or nothing except "I can help you cancel your service today." So before I ditch comcast I wanted to see what you can do. Can you help?

No reply yet, so I'm planning to call the local Verizon rep tomorrow. Looks like I'm going to save a lot of money! Not so good cusotmer service on the customer service forum...

Expert

@hammarlund wrote:

@hammarlund wrote:

No reply yet, so I'm planning to call the local Verizon rep tomorrow. Looks like I'm going to save a lot of money! Not so good cusotmer service on the customer service forum...

This is primarily a customer-to-customer Help & Support forum.  While we do have Official Employees that monitor the forums, it IS the weekend and we are not staffed like we are during the week.  Also know, however, that when you post here your post goes into a queue for those OE's, so you may have a number of customers ahead of you waiting on their post to be answered by an OE if another customer or Expert hasn't replied to your post.  Know, too, that it is against Forum Guidelines to Private Message an Official Employee, Expert, or another customer without being requested to do so.

If you feel you cannot wait for someone to reply to you here you can always initiate a chat or call Customer Service at 1-800-COMCAST.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Regular Visitor

thank you for the explanation.

Official Employee

Hello hammarlund. We certainly value your business and don't want to see you go. I can assist with reviewing your account for lower cost options that may be available. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

Thanks. I wanted to let you know that I did sent a PM yesterday.

Official Employee

Thanks @hammarlund. I received your private message and I have responded. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.