Community Forum

Just want good internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Just want good internet

Why does this always have to be so painful? Every time my contract expires, my rates go up repeatedly. I’m forced to get on the phone and plead for a promotion and am told by the CSR that they understand my situation. They don’t and they can’t; they aren’t me. I’ve been a Comcast customer for over 30 years so I’ve done this a lot and I’m tired. Despite the amount of overtime I work, it’s getting harder and harder to pay these bills.

My husband works from home and I occasionally work from home. We have a gazillion channels to choose from, though we only watch a handful (literally) of them. We just want internet but we need good internet for work. I was told yesterday, by a nice guy on the other end of the phone that it would be $93 plus taxes and other stuff just for internet. And, yes, I could drop down one level in speed to save money but that would only save me $3/month so it wasn’t worth it. He offered me a double-play package for $69 plus fees and taxes and said he would send me a quote and list of channels which I have not gotten. I have to give this nice guy credit...he didn’t have me in tears by the end of the conversation like previous reps have.

Why can’t I just have my internet for $69 plus fees and taxes? Why do I have to plead every year? And why doesn’t loyalty matter anymore?

Help, PLEASE! And thank you. 

Official Employee

Re: Just want good internet

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there any available promotions for you if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.