Community Forum

Is Marketlink Comcast a fraudulent or legitimate 3rd party affiliate?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Is Marketlink Comcast a fraudulent or legitimate 3rd party affiliate?

I received a call from a man who identified himself as Comcast a little over a week ago.  He seemed to have access to my account information and he offered me a new promotion which I agreed to.  When my promised cable box never came, I contacted Comcast and they informed me that my original service was never changed.  Additionally, my credit card had some fraudulent activity a week ago so now I'm suspicious.  I found the number for the person who called me claiming to be from Comcast and it is 844-344-1714.  I called the number and a recording identified the company as Comcast (after business hours) and Comcast Marketlink (during business hours)- strange. 

Does Comcast/Xfinity use a third party sales/marketing division to sell promotions?  I was either scammed or had a very poor sales agent.  I'd appreciate any feedback.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Is Marketlink Comcast a fraudulent or legitimate 3rd party affiliate?

Official Employee

Hi Joe02, I am going to forward this to my Customer Security Assurance team for further research on this number and they will reach out to you.  I will send you a private message making sure we have the best contact information for you.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I was also called today by this number. They had my name and verified account info. Please let me know the outcome of this. He stated he would be sending me basic cable boxes to for a service.
New Poster

I haven't had this resolved, yet.  (I'm trying to find the PM from the Comcast support so I can chat one-on-one).  In the meantime, I got a call from another number but offering the same service (cable box, etc.) and just said no.  I'd like to think it's legit but I never got a box the first time.

Official Employee

Hi Joe02 I apologize that I didn't send the private message at first but I have sent you one now requesting your best contact information and I will forward this on to our customer security assurance team.

Hi Nrossi14, I will also send you a private message requesting the best contact information.

Thank you

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I too have received multiple calls from this number. I have not answered them as they come in as an unknown caller.
New Poster

I received the same phone call, from the same number. I do not provide identifiable information to callers unless I know 100% who I am talking to, so I refused all services (especially when they started asking me to verify my account). The caller wished me a good day and hung up.

Anyhow, I could not tell you whether or not this was actually Comcast calling. I would assume not, because a company the size of Comcast should understand that most people will not entertain this kind of phone call... especially when there are things like e-mail, snail mail and websites for marketing comcast promotions.

New Poster

I can't believe no one can shut this number down, since it is a spoof of Comcast. They just keep calling, over and over and over (literally - 19 times already today) since my installation yesterday. It CAN'T be coincidence that I just got Comcast yesterday, have never ever in my life had a spam call on my phone, and suddenly I start getting calls from "Comcast" - and they know my name, #, and address?

Admin1

Hello All -- Our Security Assurance team is aware of this issue. Security Assurance is requesting that anyone who has been contacted by Marketlink or any other company posing as Comcast to please call Security Assurance at 1-888-565-4329. They will handle any information gathering or any further questions you may have.