Community Forum

Installation fee

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Installation fee

I have been a Comcast customer for years with cable TV, and just recently signed up for internet service.  The Xfinity website advertised free installation on the day I signed up, and the customer service rep told me I would be receiving free installation.  When the rep sent the sample bill for me to sign, it showed the $60 installation fee.  I asked him about it, and he said it would be deleted when I received my bill in the mail.  Surprise!  The charge was on the bill!  I have called the billing dept. and was told my case would be "reviewed" and that I would receive an email within 24 hours letting me know if the charge would be reversed.  Of course, I never received the email.  I then did a chat with a rep and was told there was nothing he could do because I had approved the bill and $60 charge.  Yes, after being told it would be removed!  So, I was lied to by the rep who sold me the internet service, the rep in billing who said I'd get an email within 24 hours, and the advertisement on the website was apparently not valid.  I was warned of Comcast's horrible customer service, and now I know all my friends were right! 

Official Employee

Re: Installation fee

Hello puddleduck, I can check into this and see if there was a promotion for free install during the time you signed up for service. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get this taken care of for you.