Community Forum

Installation Cost?-Internet Essentials

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Installation Cost?-Internet Essentials

OK. So I just got Internet Essentials. Apparently no one in my house address has ever had Comcast. So we are waiting a few weeks for the "top hot" install. After that another few weeks for inside install. The same guy can't do both!

So they said since it's my fault for neglecting to do an inside install, they will charge me $100. But that is a YEAR's worth or service!

Another agent said I MIGHT be able to pay $50. That is still a half a year's service.

It makes me wonder if the program is even worth it?

On an aside, am I paying the 1-2 months for service, when it has not been physically connected yet? Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Installation Cost?-Internet Essentials

There is no install cost for IE no matter what they have to do , the person you spoke to was poorly trained and gave you wrong information. Message a person here whose name is in red and they can fix it 

Formerly RobandMar.....moved accounts and lost screen name
Contributor

Just so everyone knows, it is $50 for inside installation. Just got the bill.

I am assuming "top hot" installation is another $50-$100?

This Internet Essentials is a rip off.

My regular Comcast Xfinity was $10 a month, with no install!

Does anyone know how long top hot install takes, by the way?

Already a half a month of internet service I am paying for, with no internet.

CS only tolf me it will take "many many weeks sir, yes berry long".

And then spent 45 minutes telling me how they wish they lived in America and I am a millionaire.

Refusing to belive I have IE, because I am poor and live in a 100 year old house in da hood. Ha ha.

8th call this month. At least they don't try to hang up on you anymore.

Oh, and IE account number is invalid! Not enough digits! Jeeze....

Admin1

HeinrichVogler -- Apologies that you've had trouble getting a clear answer. I can clear this up for you. 

There is no install cost for Internet Essentials. 

You keep getting told there is because the agents you've been speaking with keep treating your account like a normal one. The right installation costs haven't been added so it makes it appear that there would be a charge. With the right codes added there is no charge for this. I've applied the right codes for this so that you won't be charged. 

A Hot Tap connect is different from an install. A Hot Tap is where your opt to do a Self Installation of your service. A tech then comes and makes your outside connection Hot. 

An install does this too but the difference is an install makes sure everything works. Hot Tap is an outside job only. That tech makes no contact with you and doesn't enter your house.

Expert
Moved: