Community Forum

Increasing Comcast Costs!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Increasing Comcast Costs!

My bill just keeps increasing every month and nobody is of any help and I just get the same corporate speak (i.e. our fees are due to increased costs and licensing to broadcast content). Yeah? Well my cost of living keeps going up but I can't charge my employer more or get an increase in salary. Seems every company and service can charge more to cover their increasing costs but the consumer is the one left holding the bag. 

I have a Broadcast TV Fee (now $7.75 a month); Regional Sports Fee (now $6.75 a month); Franchise Fee ($6.44 a month); Technology Fee ($9.95 a month).

Plus we are endlessly "leasing" our equipment. I've had Comcast for 4 years (48 months). At $9.95 a month for the TV box, I've paid $477.60 for my TV box. Times three boxes I have, that's over $1,200 just for the devices! I could have purchased 6 different digital boxes if the option was available. 

And I still haven't even gotten to the actual cost for the service.  I pay $109.99 for the right to be broadcasted 200+ channels (of which I only use about 20 of them). So if this monthly cost is for the cost to broadcast content, what the heck were the other fees for mentioned above? And this $109.99 can't be to cover the equipment because I'm also endless paying for that as well as mentioned above. 

I'd love to downgrade to a smaller channel package but I have kids. So I'm held hostage because Disney Jr is only available with the Digital Preferred package.  Whyyy??  

I'm getting sick and tired of bending over for Comcast.  I have all my services through them (Home Security, Internet, TV), but it's time to seriously start to consider cutting the cord.  Those screams you are are my kids crying because they can't watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse anymore or On Demand.

Official Employee

Re: Increasing Comcast Costs!

Hello bliedtke. We're sorry you feel that way. If you have any questions about changing your services to another package or want to downgrade, I can help. If so, Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.