Community Forum

Incorrect account address after move

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Incorrect account address after move

I recently moved address and had my internet service transferred. My online account still shows the old address, even though the service has successfully been transferred. Why is my online account not reflecting these changes?

Please advise.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Incorrect account address after move

Be aware that typically Comcast will assign a new account number to your new location. You'll need to watch out for that as you "close out" your old service and "start up" your new service. Your current Comcast email address(es) (user IDs/logins) may not transfer to your new account, and Comcast may create a new Primary user ID for the new account. They often mess this up and don't tell you. Watch them like a hawk. They're slippery!

Double check your UserIDs on your home system with the Lookup tool at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup. After you enter the requested information you'll see a list of the UserIDs on your account and an indication of which one is Primary. Note that the Primary UserID online doesn't always correspond with a name on your billing statement.

If the ID's are not as you expect, contact one of their reps at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them at https://support.xfinity.com/chat and have them fix the problem.

Valued Contributor

Also, if you submitted the transfer order online, that is mostly just a request, for their agents to set it up for you. You could submit a self transfer move and then it works at new address, so you go on thinking it was done, when it really wasn't.
New Poster

Thank you for the advice! I decided to start a chat with a rep and it was all sorted.  I linked the new account number to my username and the billing and addresses are all sorted. I wasn't initially informed when submitting a move request that I would receive a new account number.

Official Employee

mkdamenu -- If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!