Community Forum

In-Home Service Visit (Service Call Fee)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

In-Home Service Visit (Service Call Fee)

I started having some on and off issues back in October 2017 and decided to finally call the tech support so they can send a technician to my property. The person in the phone told me that I If the issue is inside my property I will be charged so I said yes.

The technician came to my property on 10/20/17 and determined that the cable going to my apartment was not connected to a single port on the 8 port available pedestal outside of my building and he said and won’t be charged because the issue was not inside my apartment.

A month later, I was charged with the In-Home service Visit and I called to explain what the technician told me. The person on the phone said she will take care or fit and will remove it from my bill. That was not the case, I had to call back 2 more times to explain the issue and today 12/20/17 I Called again because I received an email saying I was late in my bill and now I was being charged for the service fee and late fees.

I called today and explain the same issue and the person said that if have that in writing of what I said. His name was Josh with EEId: 767. He said he won’t be able to remove it from my account. My monthly bill is now due on 12/25/17 and increased 64%.

I wish someone can find out that another techinician fault for connecting me to a splittter is not my problem and I am not supposed to pay for it.
Official Employee

Re: In-Home Service Visit (Service Call Fee)

Hi Nestorcarl, 

I can help address your concerns. Can send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.