Community Forum

Impossible to get a technician to repair cut line

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Impossible to get a technician to repair cut line

On May 10th I reported that my cable line was cut by AT&T when they installed a new fiber optic line.  I have both AT&T and Xfinity at my home.  AT&T was a dream install with constant updates and communication.  However because they cut the Xfinity cable I'm lost in the black hole of no communication and no service from Xfinity.

I was promised that a Technician would be dispatched and the issue would be escalated. I called back twice on May 11th as I still had not heard from anyone. During my 2nd call on May 11th I was told that instead of 24 hours, I needed to wait 48 hours for a call to tell me when someone would be scheduled to repair the cable.  Note I can't even get a call as to when the repair will be scheduled.  I have absolutely no faith that the repair will happen given that I have yet to get it scheduled.

• The issue was not escalated as promised.
  • I was not called in 24 hours as I was twice promised.
  • Going on 48 hours and still no call or repair or service
  • I still do not have service and absolutely no idea as to when I will ever get this cable repaired.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get Xfinity to at least schedule the technician?  I have an order number which appears meaningless.  No service and the Rockets play on Monday - May 14th.  (sigh)  I am very crabby at this point Smiley Happy

Expert

Re: Impossible to get a technician to repair cut line

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Impossible to get a technician to repair cut line

Hello stewbluetx. I can assist with getting a technician schedule to restore and repair your service. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!