Community Forum

Illegal Cable Fixture on Property for a Non-Customer

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Illegal Cable Fixture on Property for a Non-Customer

To whom it may concern,

In the last couple days, Comcast illegally put up some sort of large cable fixture ON TOP of the building on a property which has NO Comcast subscription, so we are not technically customers at that address.  (We are Comcast subscribers at a different property.)  The fixture looks to be operating as a hub for service to the neighboring houses.  Whatever it is, we gave no permission for it to be there.  I've attached a picture showing exactly how this cable fixture was installed.  For some reason, the technician thought it wise to install that fixture directly on top of our building rather than anywhere to the side, and then while doing so, managed to break open the roof near where the downspout and gutters are... which is letting water into the building now. 

roof.jpg

There are no easements within the property deed or in any arrangement between us and Comcast that allow utility fixtures ON the building; this property has NO subscription to Comcast services and thus no direct permissions for Comcast to do equipment maintenance on the property; and the public right of way does not include the top of the roof of our building.  Nor does any sort of public utility easement allow technicians to make expensive damages - without compensation - to any building they are attempting installations on.  As you can see, the large crack in the roof is such that the roof will need repairs, as well as the nearby gutters, the entire ceiling beneath and possibly more of the interior.

We require that Comcast come out immediately and remove this fixture.  There is no reason this should be placed where it is, and whoever installed it did not just trespass on the grounds, but had to climb up on top of the house to do so, which directly caused all the damages.  If Comcast cannot take care of this within a reasonable timeframe - 2 weeks or less - we will be forced to hire contractors to remove it and repair the house, and we will definitely want Comcast to be picking up that tab.  .  From where the cables seem to be spreading out to from this fixture, removing this will also likely stop Comcast service and provoke complaints at the neighboring houses. 
Official Employee

Re: Illegal Cable Fixture on Property for a Non-Customer

Hello bmkwestphilly, I can assist you with getting a tech out to take care of these cables for you. I replied to your private message please verify your account information there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

I did not get the picture so it is a bit of a guess on my part, however I suspect by your description this is work that will need to be done by the "construction" side of Comcast. If that is so, just expect a bunch of promises, many "no shows" and one day it will suddenly be taken care of, without your knowledge or notification. Make sure you take pictures of what they have done, the damage they have done, (they are all about productivity, easiest way for them, and could care less about your property).  These teams appear to be the low bid contractors for Comcast, and not the regular install technicians that have a modicum of care and respect. 

Expert

@justsam

Yes, they are talking about moving the cable plant, not just a drop. It would be done by construction/engineering, but they wouldn't be contractors for a job like that. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

justsam, we don't want you to feel this way. Are you having issues with getting a cable removed or on site work completed with us? If so I can further assist you as well, please reach back out to me here or start a new thread with a brief description of your issue.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!