Community Forum

Ignored and lied to for over a month - devastated by Hurricane Irma

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Ignored and lied to for over a month - devastated by Hurricane Irma

Hello,

I cannot even properly convey what I have experienced with dealing with Xfinity/Comcast.

I have called 5-6 times over the last month and have sat on hold for hours combined only to be promised call backs with no return call FOUR times. When I try to call back no one knows what’s going on because there are NO notes in the account and and no one seems to know what’s going on.

We were forced to evacuate during Hurricane Irma on September 6th. We were in FEMA Hotels until Dec 21st because our floating home was sunken and completely destroyed in the hurricane. During this time in the hotels we did not utilize any cable or internet services because...well because our entire house was sunken. When I first evacuated I called and spoke to a rep who adjusted the account knowing that we were evacuated and our house was likely sunken (we didn’t know at that point the severity and only saw a picture of it listing).

Fast forward almost 4 months to after we were able to get our sunken boat out and the new one in, I contacted Xfinity to address equipment and coming out to redo the boxes when we found out that there is a $600 balance and our services were disconnected. Note that the marina stopped accepting mail during this time and did not let any residents know, there is still lost mail many people have not received. We had no idea the services were disconnected. When I called xfinity the person said they would call me back and never did.

I called again and again, no call back. The third time I had a gentlemen help me and he seemed very thorough. I was on hold for a little over an hour I believe, and he adjusted the account when he saw we didn’t utilize ANY services since last September 6th of 2017. He said to wait 24 hours and it would be updated in the system and to call back and make payment then and then I would be contacted by sales to bring more equipment out and get services restored. When I called back after 24 hours NO changes were reflected in the system and there were NO notes in the account. SHOCKER! I talked to a rep that day who was very apologetic and assured me she would have a supervisor call me back because she couldn’t address it herself. She assured me she would call back in 15 minutes although I expressed concern no one would call me back again. Guess what??! Nobody called me back AGAIN.

I made yet another phone call and explained everything all over...AGAIN. I was assured I would get a call back in 5 business days and AGAIN...NO ONE has called me back.

Not only have we been jerked around by your company, we have no internet, no television, a completely destroyed home, and a $600 bill that you will not adjust although you can CLEARLY see we have not used ANY services!

We are going on OVER A MONTH NOW if NO ONE helping us, NO return phone calls, and ZERO help or assistance in this matter from your company. I have never been treated so poorly by any company and I don’t even know how you remain in business treating customers this way.

Unfortunately you have a monopoly of the industry and we are FORCED to stay with you and utilize your services despite the complete lack of any help at all from you to clear up this matter. Literally no help. No notes in the account, no call backs, no customer service, nothing.

PLEASE do your best and TRY to contact me back if you feels it’s possible in this lifetime. We run a business from home and have had zero internet for over a month now since you can’t seem to right your wrong and get your stuff together to call me back for OVER A MONTH NOW.

Please tell me what I am supposed to do? I call you and no one can help me. I am promised a return call 4 times and no one ever calls me back. It’s been a month. I’ve waited patiently on hold for hours, begged reps to please call me back as promised, etc. What else am I supposed to do at this point? Please tell me because I have NO other options. You people make it impossible to contact anyone except your low level “customer service” reps who have done nothing but perform subpar by not inputting notes, calling back, or completing their job.

How can you completely jerk around and take advantage of people who have already been devastated and lost EVERYTHING in a hurricane??

Official Employee

Re: Ignored and lied to for over a month - devastated by Hurricane Irma

Hi, Sarahbixb - I see that my peer from Facebook is assisting you with your billing concern. Since this is being taken care of, I am going to close this thread to avoid duplicate post's on multiple platforms. Please feel free to reach us if you get any questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!