Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

INTERNET increase from 19.99 to 49.99 for 10 Mbps

Regular Visitor

INTERNET increase from 19.99 to 49.99 for 10 Mbps

I have chatted and I have called regarding the increase in price for 10 mbps(?).   Two months ago, I seen an offer for 25 mbps for 39.99.  I am new to this internet stuff so I never hit the "buy this" thing on the comcast website so I called.  I asked about this pkg and said this seems to be a good deal so do I just hit the button.  I was told by the analyst to WAIT because my bill would change immediately and why pay an increase.    I was also told that these deals change and I had time to wait.  NOW the cost has doubled and there are no other deals unless I buy tv channels.  I told them repeatedly i am only intrerested in the internet right now and was told there is nothing they can do.  Now again I am told to call customer solutions.  I did call someone and they told me I had the right to buy the package but the person was correct in telling me to wait for a better deal.  I am a senior on a fixed income.  I have sent numerous chats and I know my calls were recorded.  If they would have said their is no guarantee that the prices would go down, I would have picked that internet package in June.  AND, they already have my next bill for $49.99 (charged to my credit card) wthout even asking me if i want it. I am not one to complain but this was not fair.  I believe they know it was a good package and managed to talked this old senior into waiting. 

ISSUE SOLVED ON 8/4/17 (not sure how to delete these posts.

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: INTERNET increase from 19.99 to 49.99 for 10 Mbps

issue SOLVED on 8/4/17

All Replies
Regular Visitor

issue SOLVED on 8/4/17

Official Employee
Moved: