Community Forum

I was promised and informed a totally different package from what I actually get

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

I was promised and informed a totally different package from what I actually get

6/27/18 I called in to talk with an agent asking whether there was a promotion going on with a unlimited data usage plan (I had the extreme 150 internet). The agent told me that there was this 1Gb package with unlimited data usage, I gladly agreed to upgrade and scheduled a tech visit. 7/8/18 Tech guy came and cut the old cable, put in a new one, set up an appointment on 7/18/18 to bury the cable down (half of it will be on my neighbor's lawn). He also told me to call technical support to activate my new speed, so I did. And I found out that the package I just upgraded to only come with the 1GB speed, there is still a data cap. I was then transferred to 4 different departments just to hear everyone of them apologize, the last one told me I would have to pay an additional of $50 each month in order to get the unlimited. This is not the first time the miscommunication happened between me and COMCAST.