Community Forum

I was charged twice ($23) what I was quoted on Regional/Broadcast fees. I have screenshots.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

I was charged twice ($23) what I was quoted on Regional/Broadcast fees. I have screenshots.

My Quoted Xfinity Plan.PNGNew Bill.PNGIt really feels like a slap in the face when you humor the random xfinity solicitation phone call and come away agreeing to pay for a more expensive service (and sign a 24-month agreement) because you've been satisfied with the product, only to have that loyalty reciprocated with terrible shady tactics like this.

As can be seen from my quote, my bill should total $140.58, with a Broadcast TV Fee of $7.50, and a Regional Sports Fee of $4.50.

Despite my OFFICIAL, LISTED ON ACCOUNT, QUOTED PRICE, my new bill is costing me around $16 more than that due to an unbelievable $14.51 Broadcast TV Fee, and a $8.70 Regional Sports Fee. Twice what I was officially quoted. This is truly disappointing behavior.

Is this Comcast's standard practice for people who lock themselves into 2 year contracts with you?

EDIT: After speaking with an employee, it was made clear to be that this increase is due to prorating those fees. Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Re: I was charged twice ($23) what I was quoted on Regional/Broadcast fees. I have screenshots.

An explanation would be much appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

Re: I was charged twice ($23) what I was quoted on Regional/Broadcast fees. I have screenshots.

It appears only the poster, and I assume Xfinity staff can see pictures posted. 

I expect an explanation to my original post.

Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Excellent. Thank you nerdburg.

Official Employee

Hello smince. I can assist with reviewing these additional fees you were billed for. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!