Community Forum

I have to cancel my service to change my auto pay date, seriously?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

I have to cancel my service to change my auto pay date, seriously?

On 6/26/18 I called to order service set up for 7/5/2018 in our new home. There were no issues until I was sent a full bill with a sue date on 7/22/18.. My concerns are we are being billed for services we had no access to, we didn't even live in the home yet, and the auto payment date. I was told that if I want to change my auto payment date, I have to cancel my services, return all equipment, pay current bill and then start new services on the date I want payments withdrawn monthly. There has got to be a smarter way to do this. They really have me regretting leaving Dish right now.
New Poster

Re: I have to cancel my service to change my auto pay date, seriously?

I feel you. I got a notice on 7/4 that my payment didn't go through and that it will continue to auto pay for the next "several days". I immediately logged on and updated my payment info. I still got a late fee. When I chatted with someone online, it said that autopay tried my outdated info 7/6 AFTER I updated my payment info. They make it VERY HARD for paying customers. It makes me feel like these autopay flaws are there on purpose to mess with people...
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: I have to cancel my service to change my auto pay date, seriously?

SSGMaMaMar10 wrote: On 6/26/18 I called to order service set up for 7/5/2018 in our new home. There were no issues until I was sent a full bill with a sue date on 7/22/18.. My concerns are we are being billed for services we had no access to, we didn't even live in the home yet, and the auto payment date. I was told that if I want to change my auto payment date, I have to cancel my services, return all equipment, pay current bill and then start new services on the date I want payments withdrawn monthly. There has got to be a smarter way to do this. They really have me regretting leaving Dish right now.

The information that you provided is correct, if you want to change your due date then you would have to cancel all services and start over with a new account. The due date for each account depends on when you start the service and cannot be changed while the account is open. If you have an issue with auto pay and not the due date then you can simply cancel your auto pay and pay manually until you move into your new home. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!