Community Forum

I NEED HELP SETTING UP NEW ACCOUNT PLEASE

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

I NEED HELP SETTING UP NEW ACCOUNT PLEASE

For more than a week, I have been trying to help my daughter set up a new Comcast account.  We have spoken with multiple Comcast representatives who have given us confusing and conflicting information.  I have tried to contact Comcast via this forum.  One representative asked for me to private message him with my daughter's name and address and I haven't heard back. I posted again yesterday, hoping to hear from someone else, and haven't heard back.

this morning I called Comcast again. We are looking at the X1 Starter Double Play package that is listed on the Comcast webpage for $89.99.  On the website, it says for a limited time, it includes FREE professional installation. When I spoke with the Comcast representative this morning, she told me that I'm looking at the wrong website!  That the installation will cost $89!  I had googled "Comcast new customer promotions," and was directed to xfinity.com.  So Comcast, that's not your website?  I don't get it.  Last week, this same promotion also said it included the DVR at no extra charge.

comcast, please provide assistance in setting up this new account. We expect the rate and service to include what we saw advertised.  A new customer should not have to pay $89 for installation.

the bigger issue is that trying to set up a new account has taken way too much energy.

thank you 

Regular Contributor

Re: I NEED HELP SETTING UP NEW ACCOUNT PLEASE

Hello maddog2010,

I apologize but I though you were able to get help for your daughters account based on previous conversations. I can assist in this process but I (or anyone on my support team) would need to speak with her directly. Would you please provide a contact number to reach her on so we can start this process? Again I apologize for all the time it is taking in this process.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon