Community Forum

Hurricane Irma - I’m having issues Internet its inconsistence and very laggy.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Hurricane Irma - I’m having issues Internet its inconsistence and very laggy.

I’m having issues Internet its inconsistence and very laggy. Also I'm getting only half speed internet on

Ever since the Hurricane Irma I’m having an intermittent network connection, dropped frames and inconsistent download and upload speeds.

When I run speed test at various sites like https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and http://www.speedtest.net/ but when I run the Comcast http://speedtest.xfinity.com/ the speed test it shows as the normal speed which is NOT true.

I have the HSD Extreme 150 package since I sometimes work from home and need to be able to get to my servers and clients.

Also when my son is gaming or streaming my bandwidth goes out the door. He now experiences a very laggy connection and he keeps on receiving high latency/Ping on all his online games.

We did not have any issues before the hurricane. Please check my lines.

Contributor

Re: Hurricane Irma - I’m having issues Internet its inconsistence and very laggy.

Me too I stream as well. I live in SWFL and never had a problem until after the hurricane. My connection is stable at night, but once 9am rolls around and until 6pm it's all over the place. I even have screen shots. I just had to stop my stream this morning once again because of this.
IMG_3709.PNG
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Hurricane Irma - I’m having issues Internet its inconsistence and very laggy.

Official Employee

esantos1968, your area is currently undergoing maintnence. It is expected to resolve at 2:47pm today. I'll check in with you then. 

Robin20, I've moved your other post to a new thread for assistance. I see a few signal issues and a tech appointment coming up. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

esantos1968, Are you seeing any improvement in your service? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!