Community Forum

Hurricane Irma Damage to outside Box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Hurricane Irma Damage to outside Box

The Comcast Box outside our Home was damaged in Hurricane Irma on Sept. 10th, 2017we have had intermitant to No  connection for the past 3 months. We have had two Technicians out since the Storm one on Oct 26th, 2017  and another on Nov. 3, 2017. Each time the Tech comes out to confirm that the service problem is not us or our line, but that the box was in fact damaged as I reported; they put in a work order and than weeks to a month goes by I call back only to find out that the work order was canceled or the Team clearly didn't feel like showing up. I have now put in a third order for a Tech to come to my home for Dec 13, 2017 and I'm almost 100% convinced that once again the agent will send a Tech out who is not capable of repairing the box, but will once again confirm what should already be documented on our Account, that the Box was damaged in Hurricane Irma and needs to be Repaired. I just had a call from the same agent who scheduled the work order yesterday and he just tried to cancel the order, because he "reviewed my account and saw that the internet was currently working"  I had to yell at the guy and threaten to switch carriers to AT&T to keep him from canceling the work order. What is the matter with your staff?? What part of "intermittent" service are you not comprehending?? Why can't Comcast send out a Technician capable of repairing the box? Why Do you repeatedly keep sending out a "Tech" whose only job is to confirm its not the cable and the issue is the Box? I am sure I'm not the only customer in Florida who suffered damage from the storm, so why are the Tech Teams incapable of fixing this problem? I would like to be able to communicate with someone at Comcast, who is capable of ensuring that this "Technician" who is being sent to my home tomorrow morning is going to fix the Box. 

Official Employee

Re: Hurricane Irma Damage to outside Box

Hello kathybaker1224, I can send a tech out to fix the box outside. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!