Community Forum

How xfinity lost my trust (5 key points) and how to easily win back a previously loyal customer.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

How xfinity lost my trust (5 key points) and how to easily win back a previously loyal customer.

Let me breakdown the complete issue into 5 parts.

1. After 5 recorded attempts across 3 days to reach a Billing supervisor I never got through. (The call log in the Xfinity app proves I’m not exaggerating)

2. Late fees for missed payment because I was not informed autopay doesn't transfer when you move. Billing department refused to credit.

3. Scheduled a total of 3 service calls to repair my services.
a) Nobody showed up for 1st date
b) The tech arrived for the 2nd appointment and literally said “I’m sorry, but I don’t have the tools I need” afterwards he asked to borrow MY power drill which I would have let him use if that was all he needed.

c) 3rd appointment was confirmed by Tech Support Supervisor who ultimately apologized and promised that when I called into billing that I would be refunded for the 14 days I didn’t have service in addition to waiving the installation fee. (I would love to hear someone with authority justify having a customer pay for that level of “service” ...)

4. My package includes a Tripple Play of Xfinity’s most premium services available to my address resulting in a bill exceeding $240. (An amount I don’t have an issue with, but critical to my next point) The billing rep offered me $94 for losing 14 days of service. For the sake of argument I’ll do the version of the math favorable to Comcast. (14/31)*240=Credit; Credit should be $108. Something I might have overlooked if it wasn’t the icing on the cake.

5. I have to REPEAT points 1-4 every single time I call in about this issue. Especially frustrating because the reps refuse to get me a supervisor without hearing the story. This is followed by an (empty) promise of a call back within 20 min to 48 hours depending on what I can only assume is the random time made up by the person in the call center. I say this because the Comcast team is now 0/6 on that promise rooting all the way back to November.

Lastly, unless I receive a response you can expect me to switch from loyal customer to passionate “cord-cutting” advocate. Hopefully this reaches someone who cares about the future of their company. Sure I’m only one person and maybe I only influence a handful of people to jump ship, but I can’t imagine I’m the only one getting this type of customer service. Most importantly....

I actually WANT to PAY for managed media and DVR services. The X1 platform offers advanced features and remains user friendly enough for my 93 year old grandmother. (I know this because she stopped calling me to ask what channel to put on for Family Feud because she just asks the X1 remote instead) However, I’m starting to feel like you’re forcing me to invest in a home server and subscribe to every channel individually.

Please, do the right thing and turn me back into a satisfied customer. I’ll even settle for getting this message to someone who at least has the authority to do so, but makes the decision not too.
Official Employee

Re: How xfinity lost my trust (5 key points) and how to easily win back a previously loyal customer.

Hi FlashRapid, 

Sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get your issues resolved. I would like to see how I can rectify this situation. Please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!