Community Forum

How to Give Credit, where Credit is DUE

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

How to Give Credit, where Credit is DUE

Today, 'round Noon (PST), I called about my bill with Xfinity.  I had already returned three unsued adapters, and I was still being charged for two of them:  One was costing me a mere $5.99/month, the other was "included" in the "Digital Starter" package.  My service, however, is provided, solely and completely, with a Cable Card (actually, a 4-channel M-Card), for which I was paying Comcast.  What I tried to do was correct my billing, and treat the "M-card" as my "Included TV Box".  I spoke with a few agents, each referring me to someone else, until someone referred me to the "Loyalty Department," who repeated the same assertion that even though I didn't have, or use, the "TV Box" included in my subscription, I was still going to have to pay for it in the overall package.  I was frustrated, and tried to convince this party at "Loyalty" that her position was a breach of common sense.  Apparently, I irritated her quite a lot, because 15 minutes later all my channels to which I subscribe had been killed, with the screen showing each and every channel as "...not authorized."

So, I called Comcast again.  first I got an agent who decided I needed to talk to TiVo, and unceremoniously sent me to them, without bothering to tell me who I was being referred to.  She obviously assumed I knew little about cable technology.  Let's be clear, in a cable system, "...not authorized" is a message that appears when a channel is not enabled AT THE HEAD END, not in my equipment!  It was my guess that when I talked to the original support agent, they decided that I was not being "polite" with them, so they decided to "teach me a lesson" by cutting off my service!  What they clearly did was delete my CableCard information (device ID, etc.) from my account, rendering all channels "Unauthorized."  The problem was no mine to fix.

I next took the step to call Xfinity Technical Support, directly, using the phone number conveniently displayed on the CableCard details on my TV.   There was an entirely different attitude about customers:  "Yolanda" was helpful, guided me to share my CableCard ID numbers, etc. with her, and she compared that with the absence of data in my account.  We then commenced the complex process of getting the data off my screen display of configuration, and reading it to Yolanda.  Then, she had to go into other account records and retrieve my channel subscriptions, and then she had to manually put all that information (deleted by the earlier support agent) back into my account.  She even let me hang up, and promised to call me back.  In about 30 minutes, she had me test it all out...AND EVERYTHING WORKS!  And, THEN, she went the extra mile, and assigned my Cable Card as my primary "TV BOX," giving a lie to the prior agents' assertion that "it can't be done!".

In sum, a surly agent, an employee of Comcast, created this problem.  But, a helpful, considerate technically-savvy agent, Yolanda, reversed the damage done by the first employee.  Yolanda is in Tucson, Arizona, at Comcast's Support Center, and I want Comcast management to recognize her for what she did:  She kept me as a customer of Xfinity!  She was considerate, competent and completely able to do what others claimed impossible.

In general, I've been very wary of having to ever deal with Comcast Support, but Yolanda proved, beyond a doubt, that some Comcast employees will go the "extra mile" in service to customer satisfaction.  I do hope that senior management at the Xfinity Tucson facility will take this opportunity to make an example of Yolanda, and show the other 1,200 people in that facility (and the rest of Comcast's support personnel, nationwide) that THIS IS HOW SUPPORT SHOULD BE DONE...TO KEEP CUSTOMERS...AND KEEP THEM SATISFIED...AND KEEPING THAT REVENUE COMING IN!  Should I ever need help from Xfinity again (on a technical issue), I will make it a point to call the direct Technical Service number, and ask for "Yolanda."  It will keep me from having to deal with so many of the other support personnel I've had to deal with over these past several years.  THIS IS HOW XFINITY CAN REPAIR IT'S REPUTATION:  Use Yolanda, and the few others like her in Xfinity's employ, to lead the way to true customer satisfaction!

Official Employee

Re: How to Give Credit, where Credit is DUE

Hello @CarolAnne2. We apologize your initial experience was not ideal, however we thank you for bringing this feedback about Yolanda to our attention. I will work to get this positive feedback passed along for you. 

Thank you for being a valued Comcast customer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!