Community Forum

How do I remove 2 Comcast hard inquiries?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

How do I remove 2 Comcast hard inquiries?

I recently checked my credit when I saw that Comcast had pulled 2 hard inquiries on my Equifax. I'm not pleased with this as no one mentions this to you when you are on the phone opening an account. I have always payed my bills on time and seeing this on my credit report is very upsetting. I think you should tell people about this before just doing it wihout authorization. When I researched it, to try and fix it, I realized how many people are having this problem... going back to 2013. Why hasn't Comcast fixed this issue yet? This is a blatant disregard to your customers. I understand the need to do this at times but why to a customer that owes you nothing and why are you not letting the customer know you will be doing this? 

I would like them removed from my credit report as soon as possible so please contact me and let me know what I need to do. 

Thank you

Official Employee

Re: How do I remove 2 Comcast hard inquiries?

Hi IM77,

Unfortunatley, we cannot have the credit inquiry removed from the record. What we can do is ask for the inquiry to be "masked" so that it won't hurt your score. In order to submit the request, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. Please keep in mind, Equifax holds the right to approve or deny the request based on the information provided. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Visitor

Che, 

I have this same issue and I've been trying to send you a private message, but your system keeps sending me to a blank page. Can you please contact me directly? 

Thanks. 

Official Employee

Hi nikkoprice,

I've replied to your private message. Please check it out when you have a moment and we can start there. Chat with you soon! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!