Community Forum

How do I change my avatar?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

How do I change my avatar?

How do I put up an avatar of my own or choose one of the site's? I tried Profile and settings and there is no information about this whatsoever!

Expert

Re: How do I change my avatar?

new avatar.JPG

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@StoryTellerGuy1 wrote:

How do I put up an avatar of my own or choose one of the site's? I tried Profile and settings and there is no information about this whatsoever!

Under: Billing ... > Customer Service > there is a post explaining New Avatars. The post has been censored a few times but explains the process. Don't let the missing posts bother you.   Smiley Wink

Also; under FAQ's found under Forum Guidlines there is an explanation about creating an Avatar.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

ve tried everything suggested and  I CANNOT FIND any of these places you have suggested despite following tour directiona tot he letter! How did YOU go about settin up your own avatar pixes for this forum eh?

Bronze Problem Solver

You have to make a certain number of posts before the option to change your avatar will show up.  Unfortunately, we don't know why nor how many posts you need, but I think it's a smallish number.  Keep posting, and it'll show up.

Bronze Problem Solver

According to a Comcast employee, it's 20 posts:  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service-Archive/Avatars/m-p/2897399

Frequent Visitor

But I just won another badge and besides I don't even have an avatar yet here at Comcast! How did you set up yours in the first place? Thanks I hope. Have a nice Mother's Day. I lost Mama in June of 2010 and I was not even allowed to leave the house to go to hospital w/ her. She left on a Saturday afternoon and passed away the same night. 

Expert

@StoryTellerGuy1 wrote:

From the way I read the current rules for Avatars, I believe the only type of Avatar you cannot yet get is a Custom Avatar.

Since you currently have the basic default Avatar I believe you could change it to one of the Comcast supplied Avatars.

If you first click on the blue v next to your default Avatar. You will see Settings. Click there.

Now click on Avatars. Do you see your Default Avatar and a field below it that lists types on Avatars? If yes, than go down to the bottom of the list. You will XfinityA, and XfinityB.

Clicking either of those shows approved Comcast avatars. One set is black, and the other is blue. You should be able to choose one of those Avatars.

You will need to get to about 20+ posts to qualify for a custom Avatar.

Expert

If they don't have the Avatar tab yet they aren't going to be able to change anything. 

Expert

@Again wrote:

If they don't have the Avatar tab yet they aren't going to be able to change anything. 

I did not realize the "Avatar" heading was missing. Thank you.

It seems just picking an already approved Avatar would not be a problem for a new member. I wasn't a problem when I joined. Smiley Wink

Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much, MNtundraRET! However, with only these few posts today, I was able to choose an avatar pix from my own collections. The redhead is where the 'kei' in my usernames comes from. DP was the very first anime I ever saw (1985) and it was love of anime at first sight. I still love using Kei and Yuri and their 3WA gang in all my fanfictions I write and share online. Now if I could just figure out how to import my Gmail contacts to my email acct here I'd be a happy camper indeed! Any suggestions?

Expert

@StoryTellerGuy1 wrote:

Thanks so much, MNtundraRET! However, with only these few posts today, I was able to choose an avatar pix from my own collections. The redhead is where the 'kei' in my usernames comes from. DP was the very first anime I ever saw (1985) and it was love of anime at first sight. I still love using Kei and Yuri and their 3WA gang in all my fanfictions I write and share online. Now if I could just figure out how to import my Gmail contacts to my email acct here I'd be a happy camper indeed! Any suggestions?

Post your contacts question in the Email & Web Browsing forum.

Since your Avatar issue has now been solved I am going to lock this thread.